Friday, November 26, 2010

Eating when you are anxious or tired

There are all kinds of excuses that overweight people give for overeating.  I know because I fit the category.  But..............


On Thanksgiving my sister ended up in the Emergency room of a hospital two hours away from their home.  It made me anxious.  I had my turkey dinner before going to the hospital to relieve my grandniece who went to be the family advocate.  Because I was anxious and worried I hardly remember anything that I ate.  Yes, it was good, but I did not consciously eat it and savor it as I should.  Instead, I just gobbled down the turkey (pun intended) and rushed out the door. This kind of eating leads to overeating and I fear I did overeat as the day progressed.


Today I did a lot of driving (long story I won't go into) and although I enjoyed the company and enjoyed my day, I was extremely tired.  Again I ate mindlessly, shoveling food into my mouth.


Anxious and tired leads to mindless eating which leads to overeating.  That sums up the last two days for me.


Tomorrow I will be home all day with absolutely no obligations.  Tomorrow I will begin again to eat with my brain engaged.

No comments: