Sunday, November 21, 2010

No to Dessert - Yes to popcorn

Today was the Hanging of the Greens at church and a potluck dinner.  Oh how I love potluck dinners at church.  There is so much good food to try - an abundance of delicious tastes.  


When you get in line at the serving table, you cannot see to the opposite end and therefore do not know what is ahead.  I wanted to save room on my plate for tasting as many dishes as I could, so I only put one small spoonful of the dishes that looked good to me.  I was therefore surprised (and disappointed) when I got to the end of the table and didn't have that much on my plate.  


Then there is the dessert table.  It was laden with chocolate cakes, brownies, pies, and cookies.  As the people around me went to the dessert table and returned with two or three yummy looking items, I thought to myself, "You really, really do not need any desserts."  So I sat at my place and did not move.  I wanted a dessert (or two), but made a bargain with myself that if I skipped the dessert I could have popcorn (with butter) for supper.  Such a deal.


I'm glad I made that bargain because the popcorn tasted wonderful.  If I have to make a choice, popcorn (or peanut butter) will always win.  

No comments: