Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Feelings

My hairdresser is very attractive.  She is slender (in spite of having two children), has a cute figure, and dresses nicely.  I really like her and thoroughly enjoy my time with her.  She is a great conversationalist and always has a good story to tell.  


She also has a big mirror that I face as she works on my hair.  I see myself and cringe at the fat image in that mirror compared to her adorable image.  However, since I have lost a little weight, my face is not as chubby and today I didn't mind my image.  I can't say that I was thrilled, but I was much more accepting of what I was seeing.  Progress.




Have you ever had Quinoa?  I caught a segment of Giada De Laurentiis' show on the Food Channel and she was making Quinoa as a side dish.  She added some fresh herbs and it looked pretty good.  She said that Quinoa is not a pasta or a rice, but rather in the nut family.  Hmmmm.  Sounded good.  So I bought a box at Trader Joes and prepared some last night.  The recipe on the box calls for one cup, but I knew that would be too much for me, so I prepared 1/2 cup.  Even that was enough for three portions.  I didn't have any fresh herbs, but I did have some frozen "Seasoning Blend" (onions and green peppers) which I added for flavor along with some butter and salt.  It was OK as a side dish.


Tonight I heated up the leftover Quinoa but it lacked something.  So I added peanut butter.  Well, that was not so great of an idea.  It got thrown out.  In retrospect, I should have added a vegetable.  Or perhaps a little lemon zest, or maybe some beef broth.  


So my supper tonight ended up being a small dish of leftover sweet potato and a very small portion of Quinoa.  Not a very nourishing supper.  Thank goodness I had a nice green salad for lunch - full of broccoli, tomatoes, celery, and some chunks of turkey breast.

No comments: