Saturday, January 29, 2011

Backing

Piecing a backing for a large quilt is a challenge if you are also trying to use up old pieces of fabric.  There was not enough room to lay out this backing for a nice picture, so here is the squashed-up wrinkled version.  It is the backing for this quilt.

And here is the binding ready to attached when the quilt is quilted.


It is January 29th and my Christmas cactus is in glorious bloom.
  So dramatic.

It is also the middle of the afternoon on Saturday as I write this blog and I have my choice of sewing some binding, knitting on a pair of socks, or doing some cross-stitch.  Oh how I wish I could do all three at once - along with reading a good book and watching TV and snacking on popcorn.  Alas, I have to choose.  I'm grateful though that I have such lovely choices.

1 comment:

LouAnn said...

Bonnie...did you make the binding...it looks beautiful ....