Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kinda gonna check two things off the list.........

Two things got done today that I can kinda check off the long list I made January 1st.  I finished the LHN Reader.  Is it considered finished yet?  No, because it needs to be framed or made into a flat fold or a pillow or a small quilt.  But since I have a whole drawer full of "finished" pieces, it will be a long, long time before I can permanently cross it off the list.


For the quilt "flimsy" that I showed yesterday I made a backing.  The fabric I showed yesterday was not a big enough piece for the backing unless I did some creative cutting and re-piecing, so I decided that I might as well make a  pieced backing for more interest.  I used some of the leftover strips from the quilt in the very center, some odd colored fabric that I have not idea how it got into my stash, and the chosen fabric from yesterday.
Also got the binding ready to go for this quilt.

No pictures, but I also found time to Knit on my curly scarf and put some stitches on another counted cross-stitch project.  It was a good crafting day here at my house.

No comments: