Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sensible Eating

The first day of the New Year and my quest to eat sensibly.  How did I do?  Wellllllllll.

For breakfast I had a small container of applesauce, toast with peanut butter, and coffee.  An OK breakfast.

For lunch I finished the shrimp cocktail from last night and had a few potato chips.  It was more of a snack than a lunch.

Half way through the afternoon I got hungry again since I only had a snack for lunch.  So I made popcorn.  A big bowl of popcorn.  There are leftovers since I could not eat the entire big bowl of popcorn.  (I could have, but I didn't.)

No supper because I was still full from all the popcorn.

8:00pm snack - a piece of bread slathered in peanut butter and a glass of skim milk.

What would my score be for sensible eating?  Not so good I suppose.  The quantity was OK, but no fruit except the applesauce and no green vegetables.  On a scale of 1 to 10, I have to give myself a 4.

At least I left myself room for improvement the rest of the year!

No comments: