Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Side tracked...........

In my attempt to finish up old projects, I got out Christmas At Hawk Run Hollow, Block #7, which I last worked on in May of 2010.  Why did I put it away?  Who knows, but it is fun to work on it again.

As long as I was pulling out old projects, I also pulled out this knitted poncho/shawl that I started in 2005.  It is time to finish it up.


HOWEVER...........
It is so easy to get side tracked..............  A dear friend of mine gave me a bag of beautiful Brilla yarn, 
and I have spent the last two evenings trying out pattern after pattern trying to figure out how best to use this wonderful yarn.  Of course I wanted something spectacular yet very, very easy and quick.  It had to be either a scarf or a shawl or something similarly one-size-fits-all type.  Last night as I printed off the 12th free pattern that looked interesting, I suddenly got the brilliant thought that I don't have to figure this out today, or this week, or this month.  It was a gift and I can choose to put it away and use it some other time.

So I'm going back to the old unfinished projects.............

No comments: