Friday, October 1, 2010

10/01/10 - Food and Thoughts

It has now been six months since I started this blog.  Half a year.  So what have I accomplished in those six months?  


Wouldn't it be nice to say that I lost 50 pounds and have found the secret to losing weight and keeping it off for the rest of my life.  But that would  be a lie and it would not be in line with my motive.


My motive/goal was to be more aware of what I was eating, to be more sensible about my eating, to learn to recognize when I was full, and to stop eating when I reached that "full" point.


It is with a happy heart that I tell you that this plan seems to be working for me.  I have lost some weight - very slowly.  I am much more aware of when I am full and I am much better at stopping when I am full.


This is not a contest with myself.  I am not trying to eat less and less each day.  If I attend a party, I will have a piece of cake.  If I crave potato chips, I will have some -not the whole bag - just a few.  


I am only recording the food I eat and the steps I take so that I can be aware.  If I am aware, that means I am thinking.  And if I am thinking, I can be more conscious of making good choices.  


Breakfast - toast with peanut butter, grapes


Lunch - small bowl of chili, some crackers with WW cream cheese, a few mini rice cakes.


Supper - leftover crock pot chicken, leftover broccoli, 1/4 onion, half an apple with light caramel dip.


Steps - 2,783



1 comment:

MB said...

I like the idea of "thinking" ... I know weight is a "thinking problem" and you seem to be on a wonderful awareness path with this blog. Congrats for starting it and sticking with it. Very impressive ... methinks!!