Sunday, October 17, 2010

Glorious weather

No quilting or knitting or stitching to blog about.  However, I had company here this past week and we had a great time shopping, going to the theater (Billy Elliot - fabulous), eating, laughing, talking, and thoroughly enjoying each other's company.


One day we drove to Lake Geneva Wisconsin and while they all investigated the shops, I sat down by the shore, watching the seagulls, and enjoying the sunshine.  The wind was strong off of the lake and kept the sun from being too hot on my face.  Every once in a while, the wind would pick up some sand and I could feel it pricking my face.  All the seagulls stood facing the sun too, and when the wind whipped that sand around, the seagulls all turned their faces to the right like a precision marching troupe.  


These pictures were taken on my phone, facing into the sun so that I could not see the screen at all.  Yes, that is my thumb on the one picture.  Of course the pictures do not capture the atmosphere as I felt it.  I will not forget my time by the lake, drinking in the glorious fall afternoon.


Lake Geneva is a beautiful lake with magnificent homes along it's shores.  I wish I could have seen where my camera lens was pointing so that I could have gotten better pictures.  Oh well, the pictures I took are lousy, but they will remind me of a special time.  

1 comment:

MB said...

Lake Geneva is special ANY time!!!