Thursday, October 28, 2010

10/28/10 - Food

Breakfast - toast with peanut butter


Lunch - out with friends.  I had a panini sandwich of chicken, red peppers and onions.  It was a huge sandwich, so I only ate half of it.  The sandwich was accompanied by French Fries that were sprayed with Truffle Oil.  The Truffle Oil taste was very slight, but increased the more fries I ate. They became addicting and I had to force myself to stop eating.  Then the management of the restaurant brought two gourmet desserts to our table.  (We were celebrating someone's birthday.)  I had a taste of each dessert.


The lunch was delicious and for a while I was doing the "poor me" thought process.  I really wanted to finish that sandwich and eat all of those fries, but I knew that it was way too many calories.  "Poor me - I'm fat and not allowed to eat this fattening food."  It is so easy to fall into that "poor me" trap and forget the progress I have made in recognizing when I am full.  Yes, I was full.  If the sandwich had been half the size, I would have been completely satisfied.  Today it was just hard to come to the "enough" conclusion in my brain.  


Supper - the leftover baked potato and veggies from last night.  I had a sugar-free snack size jello for dessert.


Snack - one light string cheese.


Steps -3,202 

No comments: