Saturday, December 29, 2012

Changing my mind

Today I put borders on the quilt I am making from the Riley Blake fabric.  I thought the polka dot fabric in the fat quarter bundle would make the perfect border, but now that it is up on the design wall, I’m thinking it is much too busy.  I think I will remove the polka dot border and add a solid color border – taking a color from the fabric – blue or green or gold/orange or dark orange/red.  (I will have to go shopping.)

rb border

RB corner

In my stash I had the perfect backing fabric and when I went to get it out of the drawer, it wasn’t there.  Thinking back I realized that I used it on another quilt.  Now I have to find a backing too.  (More shopping.) 

signature

3 comments:

MB said...

Well, it is busy, I really like it! It harmonizes and doesn't fight the quilt - I really like it! It adds to the theme. But I'm so not the quilter and not good at design so it's just me liking it and you're probably right about the overall look.

Becky said...

I think I agree with the switch out of the border Guess you will have to buy more fabric. :)

Margaret said...

Choosing fabrics for quilts must be really difficult - at least I would find it so. All the best with the shopping.