Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chatter

A woman came into the waiting room of the dentist’s office where I sat reading a book.  The receptionist greeted her and asked,  “How are you?”.  The woman answered, “fine”.  Then she turned, looked at me, and said “Why do we always say fine?  I’m not fine at all.  My dear friend just died.”  She sat down next to me and proceeded to tell me all about the death of her friend, continuing on to a story about her husband, and many other stories.  She talked non-stop for a good 10 minutes, finally took a breath, and informed me “I talk a lot.  I guess you already figured that out”, and she continued talking.  I put my book away and just listened.  Clearly she was not going to stop talking until one of us was called into the dental chair.
clipart woman talking
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After my teeth cleaning, I attended a luncheon where we also enjoyed singing some Christmas Carols.  On the way home I did a bit of grocery shopping, ran some other errands, and my day was pretty well filled up.  However, I did find the time to get the second shoulder seam sewn on my sweater and pick up the stitches for the collar.  
photo (72)
AND  I watched the last few episodes of Downton Abbey.  I’m now ready for the third season to begin in January.  I’m also in Red heartwith Cousin Matthew.  In love
photo (27)

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Yep! Cousin Matthew for me too - both his looks and his money;-)
Why do we always say Fine when asked how we are? However being honest isn't an excuse for being garrulous is it?

Unknown said...

You clearly had a ministry opportunity in the dentist's office. You seem to have taken it in stride! :)