Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Church banners

Tuesday is my day to volunteer at church.  I do the bookkeeping work at this cozy little desk area.

photo (41)

The newly made banners are now hanging in the sanctuary.  My photos are not the greatest, but you will see that some of the banners are designed to look like stained glass and some are more modern.

photo (38)

photo (39)

This one below – of Mary and baby Jesus – was the first one made and was the inspiration for the others. I wish I could have gotten a better picture as it is stunningly beautiful. 

photo (40)

(The banner I made will not be hung until Christmas Eve.  I hope I remember to take a picture that night to post on this blog.)

Took time today to have lunch with friends at a local restaurant that was offering a “dine and share” day for the youth of our church.  Twenty percent of our lunch bill is being donated to the Mission Trip fund that the young people are assimilating for the 2013 Mission trip.

After work I made some quick stops at the bank and the library, and then went grocery shopping for cookie making supplies.

*******time out for a gripe*******  Why is it that people can go shopping in a large grocery store, walking long aisles, and then are unable to return their grocery cart to the specified and thoughtfully provided cart stations that are only five cars apart?  I came out of the store to find a cart smashed against the side of my car when there was a cart station just two cars away!!!!  Errrrrrgh.  ********end of gripe******

My cookie baking purchases….

photo (42)

After supper it was time to start putting on paper my plan of attack for the cookie making two-day schedule.  (The women in our church bake thousands and thousands of cookies.  My friend Heather made 70 kinds of cookies last year.  We fill our whole Fellowship Hall with tables full of cookies, and all the money that we make goes to various local charities. Its is a labor of love.)

photo (43)

Tuesday, the 4th of December,  is almost over and I can declare that it was another good day for me.  I hope you had a good day too.

photo (27)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun to see the banners! The look AMAZING!!

And I am eager to see the fruit of all your cookie baking labors. I am living vicariously :)

MB said...

The banners are glorious! And your hands are in their creation!