Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Frenzy

My day -

1.  Knitted while listening to a book on my iPod

photo (58)

2.  Drove two towns over to my church to deliver cookies.

3.  Stopped on the way home to shop for some children’s clothes – gifts for a nearby day-care center where some children’s parents struggle for a decent living wage.  So much fun to shop for little children’s clothes as each outfit is cuter than the next.

photo (56)

4.  Also bought a gift for myself – jigsaw puzzles to put together over the holidays.

photo (57)

5.  Took home some soup from the nearby Panera for my lunch. 

6.  Time then for some sewing.  First I practiced free-motion quilting for a while.  Not very good, but I’ll never get any good at all unless I practice.

photo (59)

7.  Then it was on to some fun sewing.  Recently purchased fabric (Riley Blake, Pieces of Hope line) has been nagging at my mind, wanting to go into a quilt, so I started cutting,

photo (60)

and made eight blocks.

photo (61)

Now I have to rush off to pick up my brother-in-law.  We are going to dinner at Olive Garden and then attending the Chicago Master Singers Christmas Concert.

Friday Frenzy will end with beautiful music.  Lucky me.

photo (27)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bizzy girl!
Hope you have a great time tonight!
I love the quilt blocks. They are so bright and colorful. Very fun!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Quite a day!! Your FMQ looks good...and it is very necessary to keep practicing as you will then enjoy it more. It is so fun...
AND I really like the quilt blocks!