Friday, December 14, 2012

Trouble, trouble, trouble

Last night, before I went to bed, my kitchen sinks backed up.  It was a mess – a smelly awful mess.  I baled dirty water into big bowls until I was able to pour some Drano in one of the sinks – and I went to bed.

This morning I was disappointed to see that the Drano had not worked.  So I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up.

photo (75)

And washed the dirty bowls in the bathroom sink.

photo (74)

Then I called the ever reliable company – Roto Rooter – who came within two hours and had my drain routed out and running smoothly once again. 

photo (73)

Just in time too, as a friend came for lunch and then my cousin and her husband came for supper and the weekend. 

I’m so thankful that the backed up drain happened when there was no company and that it got fixed and cleaned-up before the company came! 

signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, it was kind of you to post the "after" photos rather than the "before" photos of the back-up situation!

Once again, you navigated a challenging situation with grace. :)

Hope you are having fun this weekend!