Thursday, December 6, 2012

Re-calculating cookie dough

My inner alarm clock went off way too early this morning – long before the newspaper arrived – so I decided to spend time at my desk doing some journaling, or Morning Pages if you are a follower of Julie Cameron.

photo (50)

The last batch of cookie dough was in the refrigerator.  The instructions were to roll it out and cut shapes.  Well, the dough was so sticky and almost liquid that there was no way I could roll it out.  I decided that either the recipe was incorrect or the dough maker made a mistake.  Either way, something needed to be done.  I ended up adding more flour, a package of chocolate chips and some pecan bits.  I baked a few spoonful's of the dough just to test it.  Not good.  It wasn’t even sweet.  So I added brown sugar and more flour, and put it back in the refrigerator while I went to get my nails done.

Light grey nails with silver sparkles…..

photo (55)

Back home I got started on baking the re-calculated cookie dough.  Each cookie sheet took a good 15 minutes, so the process was long.  I ended up with one tray full of cookies and one additional container with extras.  In the meantime, I knitted on my sweater – the sleeve.

photo (54)

And I did some work at my desk.

photo (53)

 

In spite of the dough change-of-plans, the resulting cookies are mighty tasty.

photo (49)

 

Mr. Kringle, nattily dressed in his blue robe, grumbled about my incredibly small Christmas tree.

photo (52)

photo (51)

Hey, it works for me………and there are no needles to pick up.

photo (27)

No comments: