Saturday, April 24, 2010

04/24/10 - Food

Now that I am back home, I can report on my food from last night - supper was broiled fish (don't know what kind as it was an unmarked buffet), rice, broccoli, and a side salad. I was at a church retreat and a few hours later when everyone was having wine, cheese, crackers, and cookies, I was very good and munched on some fresh strawberries.Today for breakfast I had scrambled eggs, one piece of bacon, one mild sausage, 1 biscuit, one small piece of fresh pineapple and two slices of cantaloupe.

I really missed my usual morning peanut butter so one of the men took pity on me and shared some of his crackers with peanut butter that he had brought. It was our mid-morning snack.

Lunch included a small side salad, curly noodles with a mystery meat (probably ground turkey) in a tomato sauce and mixed vegetables.

Back home this afternoon I had some almonds for a snack, and for supper I had a Lean Cuisine Cheddar Potatoes with Broccoli and a WW strawberry ice cream treat.

At the retreat there were lots of cookies, bags of chips, and other temptations that I managed to avoid. I did not feel deprived at all and was sufficiently full from the meals that it was not heroic on my part that I did not indulge.

As for exercise, the retreat was at a huge Catholic retreat center with long hallways and long flights of stairs to climb. I got more steps on my pedometer than I would have gotten at home on the treadmill.


No comments: