Tuesday, April 13, 2010

4/13/10 - Food

Breakfast was the usual and lunch was a sandwich that I ate distractedly as I worked at church.

When I left church this afternoon I stopped at the grocery store to get some fresh food.

For supper I warmed up the leftover pasta from last night and made a nice fresh side salad. The salad tasted so good - crunchy and light and GREEN - that I gobbled the whole thing down and then did not want much of the pasta - just a small portion and I threw the rest of it out. A nice WW ice cream bar topped off the meal.
All would have been fine if I could have stopped then. But I then wanted a little something salty and had a few Pringle chips. Oops. Put the top back on that container quick. Still wanted something more so I indulged in a 100 calorie pack of peanut butter crackers.

Still the hunger was not fulfilled, which is my problem. I was full, but the hunger was still there. Why? What am I hungry for? Why do I want more food when I am full? Why was I able to stop eating the pasta and then yearn for something else? If I could just learn to stop eating when I am full or learn what to do when I have the insatiable hunger. Still much to discover and think through.

My food shopping included some bananas which I haven't had in a long, long time. They just looked good.
And I also bought this box of crackers - something new on the market. The calories aren't too bad as long as you have a reasonable amount.
Although I did not officially exercise today, I did get a lot more steps on the pedometer just because I shopped at Wal-Mart and the grocery store. Those big stores are my best forced walking exercise. Looking for the light bulbs at Wal-Mart had me going from one end of the store to the other. The grocery store where I shop is going through renovation and it is a guess every time I go there where they have placed my favorite products.

It has been over a week since I first started this blog. I have been much more aware of what I am eating and many times thought twice before grabbing a treat or doing mindless eating because I knew I would have to report it in the blog. I have a long way to go - to learn how to eat wisely, to get more exercise into my life, and to discover what influences my decisions regarding those two things.

Thanks again to all those who are encouraging me.

2 comments:

MB said...

How great to see the impact of your new blog in its first week. And others are reading it and getting help to think things through with your encouraging walk to think things through for you! Love yoU!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Bonnie...I can totally relate to your struggles! AND when you have to write it down....that is a great help.