Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/3/10 - Food

A big THANK YOU to MB, Sara, LA, and Caryl for your support. (Caryl - there is no email address for you so I cannot reply.) Your encouragement is definitely going to help me in this journey.

Today's food..........

No more oranges in the refrigerator, but there were some red grapes and I had a hand full of them with my usual peanut butter toast and coffee for breakfast.

A small apple mid-morning when I started feeling woozy.

Lunch was the exact same lunch I had yesterday - and just as good.

Supper was this Lean Cuisine pesto chicken dinner. It had three small chunks of chicken, one mostly gristle, and so little volume that I knew it would not fill me up. (The package picture is very deceiving.)
I added some All-Bran crackers - 18 for 130 calories. I love these crackers.
For dessert I had a Weight Watcher strawberry ice cream bar for 1 point.

I'm also going to have my usual before-bed snack of skimmed milk and a spoonful of peanut butter.

My exercise for today was acquired by cleaning my house, top to bottom, and spending quite a bit of time in the kitchen preparing for tomorrow's family Easter dinner.

There were several times today when I normally would have grabbed a snack, but because I knew I would have to blog about it, I refrained. When I have gone two weeks, no, two months, no, two years on this track, I will consider blogging about my food to be a good habit.

2 comments:

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Hi Bonnie....I just sent you an email. Sounds like this blog is already helping you....It is always good to write down everything you eat. That is what they preach at WW!! You are inspiring ME to get back to writing down what I eat. I have stopped that habit the past month!!!

MB said...

The gals at BYT did that a month or so ago ... wrote down EVERYTHING and reported it on their site. It does seem to make a difference so why do I resist that so much??? I keep recalling my own words of "I do what I decide to do" and know that my results are a direct follow on of my decisions. So the pepperoni that is out and on the counter by my hubby is tempting but if I decide to have it, I'll decide to have more and then I'll decide "why bother" and have more and then I'll pitch a fit tomorrow (or the next day) when it shows up in my clothes and on my scale. So, I'm deciding not to pepperoni but to do oatmeal for dinner tonight. It's late and we had a big lunch so that will be just a right size. Bummer that the Lean Cuisine was a bust ... those always make me suspect and when they aren't good, I 'decide' I can have something to compensate for it!! GOT TO MAKE GOOD DECISIONS!!

Keep up the blog ... it's helping more than just you!!! HUGS!