Wednesday, April 14, 2010

4/14/10 - Crayons instead of food.

Our minister told a story Sunday about a little boy who dropped his box of crayons all over the table at a restaurant. His mother started to scold him and he interrupted with this wonderful reasoning, "but Mom, look at all the colors!"Our minister went on to tell us that our world is filled with many colors - colors of joy, colors of sadness, colors of happiness and colors of depression. It is all part of life - the bright colors and the dull colors.

This morning as I continued to read the Roth book, she talked about how we see ourselves - as in a mirror. I see fat arms, a double chin, and a roll around the waist. Not good. Roth is trying to teach the lesson that we need to see ourselves as whole, unique and wonderful persons. The fat arms should not define who I think I am.

The above two lessons got me to thinking that over the years, from being young to growing old, my former colorful world of joy and wonder has narrowed down to problems and fat arms. Very sad. How did I get here? How do I get back to seeing the world as all beautiful colors in a crayon box?

One thing I am going to do is enjoy the next few days. Cousin LA and three others are coming for a short visit. These women always bring laughter into my world. We talk and share and laugh and shop and eat and simply enjoy each other's company.

I'm going to take these days as a vacation from this blog - as time to concentrate on the colors of life - and as a respite from reporting my intake of food.

Monday, April 19th, I will be back at this blog.

1 comment:

MB said...

I love the idea of suspending this blog for the T'weeds visit! Fabulous idea ... laugh for me too!