Monday, May 3, 2010

05/03/10 - Food

Today I made the terrible mistake of weighing myself. It has been one month since I started this blog and I felt ready to see what the scale might show. I know better. My clothes are a much better measure of how I am doing and is much easier for me to take emotionally than seeing a number on the scale. I had tried on some clothes from several summers ago and even though I can get them on, they are much too tight for actual wearing. So why did I then get on the scale? It naturally followed that if the clothes are still tight, there probably wasn't much, if any, weight loss. The scale showed a lousy one pound loss and I was devastated. Yes, I know, I should be happy. One pound is one pound - in the right direction. And yes, I'm now happy, but I was not happy this morning. I will not make that mistake again. I will weigh myself only when I can get into and button that green blouse from several summers ago.

Breakfast - back to the 100 calorie bread (for 2 slices) with almond butter and an orange.

Lunch - Egg salad sandwich (with the 100 calorie bread), some of those popped chips, and a WW fudge bar.

Supper - a salad with broccoli and crab meat, two small slices of Artisan bread, and a Skinny Cow ice cream.

No between meals snacks today, but I will have a small glass of skimmed milk before going to bed.

One pound in one month - eating like a normal person - definitely cause for celebration!

1 comment:

LouAnn said...

At the risk of getting yelled at...I honestly don't think you are taking in enough calories....I know counting them is a pain but you should be having at least 1200-1400 calories a day...that's the minimum.....and if you don't like calories...do POINTS....also try for 3-400 clories meals with snacks......your wonderful cousin who loves and adores you !!!