Thursday, May 13, 2010

05/13/10 - Food

Breakfast - Ezekiel bread with peanut butter and an orange

Lunch - two pieces of cold meat, two WW Swiss cheese slices, a few TJ veggie sticks and one corn muffin

Supper - artichoke stuffed ravioli, a side salad of lettuce, broccoli & red pepper (it looked very Christmasy), and yogurt with granola for dessert.

Also munched on a few almonds.

Yesterday I was about ready to give up on this food reporting thinking that it was not accomplishing what I had hoped, however, this morning I ventured back onto the scale and discovered that I have lost some weight. Not much, but enough to give me encouragement.

I also went back to reading Women, Food and God, the book by Geneen Roth that I had started reading previously and put away when I had company. I not only put it away physically, I mentally put it away also because I completely forgot about it. When Oprah had Geneen on her show yesterday, I searched my house for the book and found it safely tucked away, out of sight out of mind.

Geneen has some interesting things to think about. For example, "self loathing does not lead to change." It is not easy to look at myself without being extremely critical, a form of self loathing. Can I change that attitude? Geneen also says something about food "numbing" you. Oh yes, I do use food to numb myself. Can I face my feelings and emotions instead of numbing myself with food? All good questions.

Today I feel like I am making progress. It is a good feeling.


No comments: