Friday, May 14, 2010

05/14/10 - Food

Oops - I ate too much today. No binges - just more food than my body needs.

Breakfast - the last two slices of the Ezekiel bread with peanut butter and an orange.

Lunch - turkey sandwich from Subway and some multigrain chips.

Book club was today and that means a fancy dessert. I could have said "no thank you", but instead I said, "please cut me a small piece." It was a gooey four layered chocolate cake, probably the whole day's calorie allotment in one slice of cake. The worst part is that it wasn't that good. If I am going to spend my calories on a dessert, I would much rather have cheese cake or apple pie. Those gooey desserts are nothing but sugar with little flavor.

Supper - I saw a recipe in a magazine for a macaroni salad that looked and sounded good. I made it this afternoon and let it blend in the refrigerator for several hours. The magazine showed the salad with some beer brats. I didn't have beer brats, but I did make turkey smoked sausage. The macaroni salad was a disappointment. The sausage was delicious, especially since I dipped each piece in honey mustard. I added lettuce to a large spoonful of the macaroni salad and it still was a disappointment, so I added some honey mustard and it finally tasted good.

Snack - 100 calorie pack of yogurt pretzels.

Looking back on the day I guess it wasn't that awful food-wise. It would have been much better without the cake and the unsuccessful macaroni salad. Those things filled me to overflowing without the joy of wonderful taste.

No comments: