Sunday, May 9, 2010

05/09/10 - Food

Mother's Day 2010

Breakfast - Ezekiel bread with almond butter and a small bowl of fresh strawberries.

Lunch snack - some carrots with hummus and a few slices of swiss cheese.

Family dinner - oh boy..........fruit salad, pasta salad, green salad, cole slaw, chips, pretzels, celery with peanut butter, chicken (honey mustard, teriyaki, and plain), baked beans, and SEVEN desserts. No, I did not have all seven desserts, but I wanted to have all seven desserts. Carrot cake, cup cakes, rice krispie treats, brownies, short bread, mock turtles, and lemon bars. Oh my. I had half a slice of carrot cake, the smallest short bread piece I could find, and half a slice of a rice krispie treat.

Family dinners are wonderful because of the variety of food and the fact that it is all homemade with love. They are also good because there is laughter and lively conversations and kidding and silly jokes.

So for today, I will focus not on the amount of calories I consumed, but on the amount of laughter and love that filled me up.

No comments: