Thursday, May 27, 2010

05/27/10 - Food

An odd day food-wise...........

Breakfast - toast with peanut butter, a few leftover strawberries with a half cup of cereal and skim milk.

Lunch - I really didn't have lunch exactly. I had a 1:00pm appointment at my home and since the person coming was usually early, I didn't want to get caught eating lunch so at 11:30 I had some Guiltless corn chips with a little melted cheese - a snack portion. Surprisingly enough, it filled me up and when the appointment was over I left the house to run some errands and completely forgot about eating a normal lunch.

Then I made the mistake of going to the grocery store around 3:30 - hungry! How many times have you heard that you shouldn't go to the grocery store when you are hungry? I wanted almost everything I saw - from healthy to outright fattening. The good news is that I didn't buy any of the fattening foods and the bad news is that my bill was $78.46. $17.26 of that was for fresh cherries! Yikes. I'm going to savor every single cherry. Another $9.73 for lettuce, spinach and broccoli. Looking over my grocery bill almost everything is $3.00 or $4.00 - for salsa and applesauce and sugar-free Jello. When did the prices get so high? Fortunately I did have coupons that saved me $26.89.

So, by the time I got home around 4:00ish, I was hungry. I made a spinach salad and two small pieces of fresh 9 grain bread. For dessert I had cherries - a bowl of cherries (not a chair of bowlies). Then the "munchies" attacked me and I started trying a bite of this and a bite of that. Very dangerous. Unable to stop, I forced myself to clean up my dishes, turn off the lights and walk out of the kitchen.

No comments: